When I made a payment to my attorney in December (yes, I have a new balance now after the divorce) and showed him the history of payments I have received so we sat down. Basically, I have not received at least 6 weeks worth of support. He took care of it so well by writing my ex's attorney a letter and saying that if I did not receive the amount by February 15, 2005 we would be filing a petition in court. Apparently court is the way we are going.
The lack of care or concern the father of my little man has that I have not received money to take care of his child makes me sick. It's all good though, he still has:
- his house (the one we chose together),
- his 2001 Avalanche,
- his namebrand shoes and clothes, and
- whatever or whomever else he has to "maintain" that causes him to struggle.
He just needs to deal with it. This was the choice he made.
This is also the same man who:
- doesn't help me pay for pre-school because he doesn't think his son needs it,
- criticizes me that his son looks "scruffy", and
- won't let his son go to events that fall on "his weekend".
So tell me, where could it be? He says he doesn't know because it has been taken out of his check. That's his proof. We'll see what the judge says. And yes, I am requesting that my attorney fees be paid.