Thursday, August 27, 2009

Team Mom

Back in May the little guy decided he wasn't going to play football. It crushed me. He is such the athlete and he did so good when he played last year. But to the little guy, football is a lot of work. Practices begin August 1 and the players practice 10 hours a week. Beginning September 1 it drops down to 6 hours a week. I know football is time consuming and I know it has physical demands, but I just knew that if he didn't sign up that once he found out which of his friends were playing, he would want to play too and it would be too late.

We then found out his baseball coach was going to be one of the coaches. This is a coach that has coached the little guy in a couple of sports through the local Y and city. A coach who wants kids to learn and to have fun while learning. That's when the little guy decided to play, but there was a catch. To guarantee a spot on that coach's team I was going to have to volunteer. So Team Mom, that's me, along with 9 male coaches that I sometimes need to put in their place. It has kept me busy and I have enjoyed every moment. I think the little guy has too.

6 comments:

HLiza said...

Wow..i always envy sports people..all the fun and the work out they get to be involved. This sound like so much fun for both of you. And I love your new blog layout girl!

Sicilian said...

Go Mom. . . . . football is pretty grueling. . . . . he may just not like all that. . . . he's pretty good at other sports too soooooooooo maybe next year you can both take a football break.
Enjoy your year volunteer mom.
Ciao

Sicilian said...

Go Mom. . . . . football is pretty grueling. . . . . he may just not like all that. . . . he's pretty good at other sports too soooooooooo maybe next year you can both take a football break.
Enjoy your year volunteer mom.
Ciao

j said...

Yay! I'm so glad that it has been a good experience.

rakethetable said...

Great Photo

Unknown said...

Oh wow he is going to be a star and I can say I knew his mom!