Sunday, August 10, 2008

Only One Week Left

This will be the last week of vacation. Where did summer go?

I officially have to report to work on Monday, August 18th. The little guy starts school on August 21st. We will both need time to adjust to new curriculums, routines, and each other.

It seems like yesterday when I wrote about school being out for summer. Nevertheless, many activities occupied us during this summer vacation.

  • many sunny days at the water park
  • attending open houses
  • a trip to Disney World
  • movie dates (Get Smart, Kung Fu Panda, Wall-E, Space Chimps)
  • a day spent at Lincoln Park Zoo
  • viewing the air show on the beach
  • playing in little league baseball games
  • attending birthday parties
  • exploring the Chicago Children's Museum
  • touring the Chicago River by boat
  • enjoying cook-outs
  • bike riding and walks
  • playing at the park
  • getting fit
  • tweeting
  • playing Pop Warner football
  • going to vacation bible school
  • exploring in Millennium Park

3 comments:

LZ Blogger said...

BFG ~ Tell me it's NOT TRUE! Summer's almost over? Oh darn! Just when I was really starting to enjoy it! ~ jb///

Tabitha.Montgomery said...

Geeese..it sounds like you've had a FAB Summer with the little man.
I will be in to see you more often now.I promise.

I know I'm impossible but I'm back.
Going with a fullname now.Read my latest post to understand.

I'm sorry I bailed on you!

But I'm back for good now.

love Tab xo

Anonymous said...

wow, you guys sure did do a lot this summer. that's awesome. your boy is very lucky.