It was my little man's father. Apparently work is slow right now (he paints cars/works on commission) and he took the day off and wanted to know if he could spend it with his son. Of all days, my little guy sleeps to his heart content (he slept until 10:00). Yesterday's adventures at the water park, baseball practice, and playing with the girls must have worn him out. When he awoke and I told him the great news, he said he wanted to stay with me. I replied with a, "Yeah, I know, but daddy took the day off to be with you today." He finally woke up and decided he wanted to go to his dads.
All I could think about was all the things I could get done. So let me break it down. I spent:
- an hour at Hobby Lobby,
- about 20 minutes at Michael's,
- a quick run into Starbucks,
- another quick run, this time into Costco to get a salad for lunch (Number Twelve's request),
- approximately an hour and a half at Number Twelves,
- an hour tidying up the house,
- 30 minutes reading blogs,
- roughly 20 minutes creating/writing a new post,
- 90 minutes laying down in peace and quiet,
- about 45 minutes applying second coat of paint to foyer, and finally
- the rest of the evening I sat down catching up on three episodes of The View as I scrapbooked.
When I dropped off my little man this morning, his dad asked me what time I wanted him back. I replied it didn't matter. So I didn't get a call until 9:50 pm telling me that he was bringing him home.
It was definitely a break I needed.