Friday, June 2, 2006

School's Out For Summer

Yes, it is official...summer vacation has begun. The last two days students have been taking their finals. Today was the last day for teachers. Grades were due by noon. Believe it or not, mine were done yesterday. For those that don't know me well, well, that was pretty darn good. I'm not sure what it is. I just work better when under pressure, you know, when it is all on the line. Whether it is a thrill of excitement or I just enjoy stressing myself out, who knows.

My little man and I have things planned, or should I say he has things planned. I'm sure he will keep me busy, and that is okay. This age is fun. Playing games, playing school, riding bikes, chalking up the sidewalk, and let's not forget taking naps.

Off to read...I'm home alone. The little guy went to the Sox game with his dad.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Wish I had summer vacations. Hope you and your little man have a lots of fun times.

Here summer vacation just ended and the kids are all returning to school.

Bar L. said...

Yay! Schools out for summer! I hope you enjoy every moment. Sounds like its off to a great start with an afternoon alone reading! Love that!

Helene said...

How great to have the opportunity to spend quality time with him and enjoy a little alone time as well.

I have not made plans for the summer yet... I need to get through the Bar Mitzvah in 2 weeks then I can think about it... bad attitude, but I am in survival mode! I havent a creative thought in my head right now! lol

Happy weekend!

Sicilian said...

I hope you enjoy your time off. . . but then we both know a teacher is always thinking about what they're doing next year.
Glad your lil guy's dad is in his life. . . it makes the divorce thing not sting as much for the kids.
Ciao

Gooey Munster said...

How wonderful that you have this time off and that you look forward to the time with your little man.

Sambo V. said...

Oh congratulations to you! My husband also had his last day of school on Friday and my students graduate this Wednesday. Enjoy your time off with your little guy!! ;)

Lady Prism said...

kids are all returning to school here too!...Summers ended...but we still got some sunshine!...beaming some to you!

smile!

Frema said...

School's out for summer!

Enjoy every minute of it. And don't forget to blog. :)