In the journey of this new chapter of my "single-mom" life, I face challenges I have never had to face before.
1. Income: my ex-husband paid for everything-except my car payment and daycare. Just the plain fact of knowing there were two incomes in the home made us, which turned into me and my little man, live very comfortable.
2. AM assistance: although I had to ask for the help at least there was someone else in the house to help get the child ready in the morning.
3. Time for me: I may have had to sneak upstairs just to read a book or lay down for a few minutes, but at least I could make my own time whenever someone else was at home.
4. Money: no more nicely done nails, pedicures, shopping, eating out, trips to Chicago, shopping, giving as much to others, shopping, shopping, and shopping.
5. Ex-husband: as my little man's father, he is in the picture for a good 13 more years. I would just like to see my son have a father be an active role in his life, of course in a positive way.