As a divorced, single mother, I am experiencing benefits...
1. Income: I am able to maintain a decent lifestyle of living for my son and myself. I have had to learn as well as deal with the concept of money. It sucks, but I am doing it.
2. Assistance: Although I do not have that person in the morning to help me get that child ready in the morning, I have my parents, family, and friends who do all they can. The best is when they do things and I don't even ask-it is like they know when I am in need of something.
3. Self: Time for myself now is generally when my little man is with his father, which is usually one night a week for 4 hours and every other weekend. I also make time for myself to work out-I make sure it is in the daily routine. My scrapbooking relaxes me and of course, what would I do without blogging?
4. Money: Yes, I have had to quit shopping and stop pampering myself. I buy something for my little man before I buy something for me. I give to others, just not as lucratively.
5. Ex-husband: So far he has generally been good with spending time with his son. I also receive child support.