Sunday, April 23, 2006

Let the Cycle Begin

The weekend is over and it is time to start the cycle all over again.

Tomorrow is my little man's trike-a-thon at school. He has raised over $100 to St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital. Hooray to him! Actually, thanks to his father who helped him raise $66. As they bike laps around the gym they will also focus on bicycle saftey.

I did do yardwork today. It was too beautiful of a day to stay indoors. Afterwards I relaxed outside by reading and taking in the fresh air. Once my little guy came home we played baseball and football. What a challenge it was to get him inside. These are the times when I wish the days weren't longer. Not long to go before summer vacation and then time won't be such a factor.

Have a great week everyone!



5 comments:

Lacey said...

You have to enjoy the nice weather while it's here!

Tab said...

I know what you mean about the longer days, our little bear doesn't understand why he has to go to bed when its still light out!
I explain the longer days means he needs more sleep..which he does while he is growing so fast!
LOL,,,I think all the water and sunshine coming up makes our kids grow even faster!

Sober Chick said...

How exciting to have your little man participate in a trike-a-thon. I think it is so great that you are teaching him the nature of unselfness and giving. :)

Sambo V. said...

I hear you Butterfly Girl! Spring break was nice...but oh how we teachers love the summer. ;)

Congrats to your little guy on a great fundraising job. I like that his school has a trike-a-thon. My school is having a walk-a-thon this Friday. Have a great week! ;)

Da Gal said...

Glad you enjoyed your day and were able to get some yard work done. I don't miss the yard work now that I live in a condo but I do miss having a yard. I miss grass too... living in the land of the concrete is chilling to the spirit.

Cheers to lil man! Hope he went absolutely loopy in his fundraiser.