Tuesday, January 10, 2006

More School

As I sit here tonight and ponder about what an exciting day I had at work...not just because it was Western Day and I had my sheriff badge on...but I am trying to prepare myself for what tomorrow may bring. Due to confidentiality I cannot say more, however I will express that there is never a dull moment working with students who have special needs.

On the subject of school, I received some information from Loyola in the mail yesterday. Applications are due by mid-February. I am totally itching on going back. It has only been about two years, but I miss it. Maybe it is because you sit with a group of individuals who are truthfully trying to improve themselves so that they can better students. So many questions are running through my mind like:
  • What would I do with my little man?
  • Do I get myself into more debt with student loans?
  • Am I picking the right "new" academic area?
  • Can I handle a new stress?
  • Is it worth it?
  • How will I balance it all?

Decision making has become more difficult for me now that I am a "single" mom. My little man comes first, there is no doubt about that. However, making this decision could better the both of us, right? Or am I being selfish?

2 comments:

Diane Arias said...

I've read somewhere that the best investment is an investment in yourself. But those student loans are a bear!

Frema said...

Any improvement in the quality of your life would improve the quality of your little man's. A little struggle now is better than a lot of struggle forever.