Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Pre-Season

August 1st marks the official start for the Pop Warner Football season. Practice is Friday from 5:30-7:30 and will continue daily (Monday-Friday) for the next two weeks. I knew when I signed him up back in April the weeks before school were going to be intense. I just can't believe it is here already. We picked up his equipment last Friday. He got his physical Monday. I purchased him a practice jersey which has his name on the back on Tuesday. Now it's time for me to pray that he has a safe and fun season.

After three years of flag football I felt it was time for the little guy to move up to the next level. I spoke to several coaches and other adults who were aware of his physical capacity as well as his knowledge of the game. Each one, including those familiar with our Pop Warner Football league, felt he would be just fine. He is extremely excited, however I am not sure if he is fully prepared, but then again he never ceases to amaze me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Can I have his autograph already?