Thursday, September 20, 2007

Yes, It Is Almost Friday!

I can not tell you how happy I am that it is Thursday. The past three days have been insane. Not to mention that when my little guy came back from his dad's on Sunday there was some drama with him. Long story short his dad said something to him that basically hurt his feelings and I had to deal with questions like, "why does my dad hate me?" Not questions for me to answer, so I called up his father and let him try to explain what he meant...yada, yada, yada. To make matters worse, his teacher and the paraprofessional in his class noticed he was "different" on Monday. Tuesday his ride at the green light cautioned him to yellow. I could deal with that. However, yesterday his good behavior came to a completely halt...RED. Of course, he couldn't exactly remember how he got to red. A note to the teacher to call me was placed in his folder-I was definitely going to get to the bottom of this.

Today was much better...green. God heard his prayer. Amen.

13 comments:

Katy said...

I just looked at your Flickr photos and you have one stinkin cutie pie on your hands! What a handsome HANDSOME boy. I can't imagine how much your heart hurt to hear him say "why does my dad hate me"... Tough stuff.

He's fortunate to have such a loving mommy who always seems to put him first!

Happy Friday my friend!!! ;O)

Katy

Tiffanie said...

I notice that when something hurtful is said to my kids by him (and this is not to place blame, it's just an observation), that there will be some type of acting out by the child within a couple of days. That is probably what the card being turned was about?

Art said...

Your a good mom. Hope you have a great Friday!

HLiza said...

Oh..it hurts me so much when kids ask those questions. Hugs to you both..

Anonymous said...

looks like you have your hands full too of kid raising.

LZ Blogger said...

BFG ~
I am sorry to hear about the problems with two dad's here. 1st your dad's heath problems and then with your little man's dad's problems, that seem to require professional mental health assistance. When a son thinks that his dad hates him, that cannot be a good sign! I will keep all four of you in my prayers and thoughts! ~ jb///

Sicilian said...

Fly Girl. . . you just have to roll with the punches. It will happen more than you want . . . . little man will learn to talk to his dad directly when he is being a jerk. . . . probably little man worries about reject and so he says nothing until he gets home. . . you get to deal with it. . . then at school. . . then it's over. . . then you start the whole thing again on the next visit.
Sorry. . . so sorry. . . you keep up the good work. . . he will know you always can be approached. . .
Ciao

rakethetable said...

Blessings to you and your son. Take time and love him a lot this weekend. Let him have an ice cream cone.

thethinker said...

It must be kind of painful to hear a child ask you something like that.

Hope you have a relaxing weekend.

Unknown said...

Different doesn't have to be bad it could be and often is good.

Lee said...

Oh, the joys of parenthood!

cm chap said...

Hope all well with your boy... yeah waiting for friday is the most toughest task...

Lady Prism said...

Hello there. Thanks so much for your visits. I was worried reading about your boy. Well..it's a Monday now..I hope you had a good weekend.I also hope that Little Man is doing ok.

xo