Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Kindergarten Physical

Today was the day we went to the doctor for the kindergarten check-up. Knowing that shots were to be given, a reward was in place...baseball cards...he is totally into baseball cards. Fortunately for the little guy he went with me to my doctor and rest assured was ready for his appointment 2 1/2 hours later. Ironically, I needed to get a shot today too, so he held my hand and witnessed mom's courage and strength. Somehow though, he ended up with a sticker and tattoo, me a prescription. He sat on the table being examined with giggles in tow. He not only hopped on one foot, but did so in a circle. The urine test, well not so easy. After drinking much water, he was able to fill up a cup plus some. He sat one my lap, held my hands, and counted as the nurse instructed. No tears, no cries, not even a whimper. Three shots and he was out of there. As we went to the car he said that he was now ready for kindergarten. I am not sure I am ready for kindergarten.

8 comments:

Art said...

You WON'T be ready for kindergarten but the important thing is that he IS! BTW, some of my most painful memories of my kids' early years were of them getting shots... I hate that!

Lee said...

I remember with our kids we always told them injections would hurt but were necessary. They seemed to cope well and often they didn't hurt anyway.

Trudging said...

What a big guy he is.

Aunty Belle said...

Hey Sugar Pie...I'se jes' stoppin' in fer a visit to see how ya' been.

Yore fine little guy is so lucky ter have a Mama like you, sweetheasrt. I'se so admirin' ya. Come fer a visit to the Front Porch, when ya can.

Sicilian said...

Fly Girl. . . you will never forget the first day of school. I cry remembering it.
Ciao

Gooey Munster said...

Wow, u sure got a soldier there.

I rememebr back in the day when I got my tonsils taken out and needed daily injections. Ya, 4 plus doctors had to come in to hold me down so I could get an anti-biotic shot in my butt. Yikes!

Did it hurt, nah, but our minds sure can be a friend of foe yes?

You and your little man make one heck of team.

Harajuku PearL said...

awww..such a big guy already!!!..


Pearl

Unknown said...

Well that's a brave lad... and a brave mom too you didn't tell us if you cried :)