Saturday, November 25, 2006

Onto the Next Holiday

Two days after the feast and I am fortunately down 1.5 pounds. I will thank lunch yesterday to Taco Bell for that. Enough said.

Seriously, Thanksgiving went rather well. The weather here was absolutely beautiful. My parents were over bright and early. We put plastic on the windows, watched the parade on State Street, cooked an awesome Turkey with stuffing (thanks to Barefoot Contessa), and truly enjoyed each other's company.

It was something I have missed in a while. I haven't cooked like that since I have been divorced. I realized how much I really miss that.

I did call my little man early in the morning to wish him a Happy Thanksgiving and to let him know how thankful I am for him. It was really hard not spending the day with him, however I did get a phone call a few hours later from the X telling me how he forgot to tell me he had to work the next day, so he would be bringing my little guy back later in the evening. Hmmm, luckily it is all about my son, so I didn't make a smart ass remark. I'll stop there.

The day ended with a .5 pound in weight gain, leftovers sent home with everyone, Christmas lights put up outside, a flat tire, and the evening with my son.

I have so much to be thankful for.
~flygirl~

8 comments:

HLiza said...

So glad it al went well for you..and you came back happy. We do cook more when there's a guy in our life..my hubby will ask for a drink every half an hour..one time Nescafe, then Milo, then tea, then coffee...and that doesn't include the details of meals he loves to eat. Sometimes when he's away I feel relieved..free from the kitchen LOL!
Your little man will soon be big enough to put that demand again on you, you know! Just wait and see..

Enemy of the Republic said...

I'm glad your Thanksgiving went well. I know you missed your little guy.

Flea said...

Sounds like you had such a great time Fly. I know how hard it is to keep remarks to our selves, been there too many times too...

Helene said...

wow Jackel...

I am with ya on the weight front... I have put on about 5 lbs since moving to Fl 3 months ago!!! YIKES

I finally just threw away the pies etc... I am just too tempted to eat it if its in the house.

oh I wish my appetite left me again for a little bit. It was much easier to stay thin!

Good luck with the dieting! I need to get this 5lbs off by the 20th... think I can do it???

Sicilian said...

Fly girl. . . . you did good. . . smart remarks feel good when you do them. . . . later you think. . . . what was I thinking. .. . I do feel like you. .. . I like cooking and entertaining. . .. it was a hard thing to start up as a single person... . but totally necessary. .. weight. . .. remember the size 6 dress in my closet. . . . at this rate. . . . it will never happen. .. . I don't know why winter is my fat mode.
I'll be trying to burn more calories than I eat. . . yeah right. . .
Ciao

Gooey Munster said...

Did you get a toach bug? Nevertheless it sounds like you had such a wonderful time. Lots of leftovers I bet. Very well done with restraining on a remark to the ex. Glad your number one little man is back with you.

Azuka said...

Weight, weight, weight...

I'm still not used to the American pound system, but I know I have to lose a few kilos any of the rare times I look in the mirror. I eat a lot... :(

Edward said...

Good on you, Mom. The smart ass remarks get nothing except future payments of trouble.