Friday, January 27, 2006

Health Update Week #3

I have had a busy couple of weeks and haven't updated the progress of my health. So here we go...

I'm down 5.5 pounds.
I'm exercising at least 4 days a week at 45 minute sessions. Strength training at least one day.

Good news is that my blood pressure is down 122/82. After it was 170/108 on Monday the doctor got me in and perscribed me some meds. I am actually starting to have more energy. I suppose that is due to my heart not working as hard as it needed to.

I took my stress test, which was quite interesting, on Thursday at the University of Chicago. By 5:00 that evening the doctor called me to let me know it was okay. I surely wasn't expecting a call that day and once again it was the doctor who called me. Let me mention that he called my cell phone. He said he wanted to make sure he got in contact with me. He told me to keep doing what I was doing. Little did he know I had Wendy's the day before for lunch and Chinese on this day. He also reminded me to bring my mom with me when I go back in March. They surely are at the forefront of medicine. So we shall see where my cholesterol levels are in March and continue with the diet and exercise.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats on the weight lost
maybe you can lose a few for me.lol
I will start soon. I keep saying after this and after this and then before you know it a year went by.

Frema said...

Congratulations! I'm supposed to get my cholesterol checked again this Friday morning. I feel like I've made progress in my eating habits none at all in my exercise regimen, as in, I don't exercise but like to think about it.

Wish me luck. :)

butterflygirl said...

I'll keep you in my prayers Frema!